CHA 2016 Chameleon Pen Demo and Five Pack Pen Giveaway is what we are doing today! The amazing Julia from Chameleon Pens gave a great demo at CHA and I thought you would like to check it out. Not only does it explain the markers well but also at the new colors they are introducing! First, I would like to announce the winner of the one of a kind Becky Higgins Autographed card. The winner is Jessica Marshall! Jessica, please contact me with your mailing info and I will get that out to you this week!
Now back to the CHA 2016 Chameleon Pen Demo and Five Pack Pen Giveaway! In this tutorial Julia from Chameleon gives you a peek at the new colors in action as well as some coloring techniques!! I am really excited that they have added more grays and color tones that will help with more specific bright colors, skin and shading. Although the original set is awesome, the extra added colors I think really round out the set to make it absolutely complete! The tutorial is approximately 35 minutes long. It is a bit longer than my normal videos however, I think the information given is important and worth every minute!
When watching the CHA 2016 Chameleon Pen Demo and Five Pack Pen Giveaway video. Here are a few pointers that I found very helpful and informative. When we were videoing using the mirror so you can see the details of the video. The graphics are seen backwards due to the mirror.
- When opening your pen, be sure to color with it to release the shipping material protectant. It does have an added material to protect the Japanese nib during shipment so you want to be sure that you use it before you work on your project. By using your pen, it will release the protectant so there isn’t anything you have to manually take off.
- You are able to use copy paper when coloring because you aren’t layering color on top of color. Typically you are just blending with the various shaded colors because you have already mixed your blending solution with your ink. If you plan to use more than one layer or plan to saturate your coloring area, it is suggested you use at least 110 lb weight paper.
- The longer you keep your blending solution cartridge in contact with your colored nib, the longer your blend will last. Typically the most amount of time used in Julia’s experience is 10 seconds.
- Be sure to have some scratch paper so that you can test your color off to the side ensuring that your blending worked as you had planned for.
- Be sure to have your pens vertically when fusing so that the blending solution does reach the colored nib.
- Store your pens flat.
- You can use these markers as you would with any other alcohol markers.
- Memento is the ink of choice to use on paper.
- If you are going to use your ink on another material, the ink of choice is the Memento Luxe.
Here are some pics of the results taken from the demo in the video.
On the left is coloring without blending and on the right is the blending solution showing depth and different colors.
Here Julia is showing coloring a leaf using the Chameleon Pen as a standard marker without shading.
Using the Chameleon Pens with the blending solution to show shading.
Here is a good comparison to the different coloring techniques used. On the right is a picture that shows the blending. It also shows the right side leaves, right leaf is the standard color without blending solution. The left side leaves, right leaf is showing the Chameleon markers used in layers to color and shade.
Here is two different colors being used and shaded as a beautiful blend.
Here is a beautiful picture of how Julia showed how you can get lovely dimension. You do this by highlighting the inside of an item. You can also do this by deepening the color around the edges to emphasize the shape (round) of an item or picture.
Now for the Giveaway part! We are doing a giveaway!
For the CHA 2016 Chameleon Pen Demo and Five Pack Pen Giveaway, we are doing a giveaway. We giving away an entire Chameleon Pen five pack of the Earth Tone colors! All you have to do is be a YouTube Subscriber, sign up for our Newsletter at the right side of your screen and follow us on Instagram. That is it! We will pick a winner on Sunday and they will be announced Monday on our blog!
Thank you so much for joining us and we hope you enjoyed going on A Creative Journey with Melissa.